The Team holds informational meetings for prospective team members each fall at participating high schools. This year's meeting schedule is:
- Cleveland HS, Tuesday, October 11, 7-8:30 pm, CHS Library
- Grant HS, Thursday, October 13, 7-8:30 pm, Room 128
- Madison HS, Tuesday, October 18, 7-8:30 pm, MHSLibrary
- Franklin HS, Thursday, October 20, 7-8:30 pm, FHS Library
Coming to one of these meetings to meet the coaches and learn more about the team is an essential first step in deciding if the team sounds right for you. At these meetings, you will have a chance to join the team or think it over and join within the next several weeks. A final registration meeting will be held on October 25, 7-8:30 in the Grant HS Library.
To join the team, you'll need to do several things:
- Register for the Oregon Interscholastic Ski Racing Association (OISRA) online here and pay the OISRA registration fee ($65).
- Pay the team registration fee ($270).
- Provide contact information for you and your parents.
- Fill out liability waivers for SkiBowl, Timberline and Mt. Hood Meadows (signed by both a racer and a parent).
- Parents fill out a Portland Public Schools volunteer form and provide auto insurance and drivers license info.
- Parents complete a criminal background check through the Portland Public Schools Website.
- Purchase seasons passes for Mt. Hood Meadows and SkiBowl.
Typically, the deadline for filling out all the needed paperwork and paying the fees is October 31. All needed forms and instructions on how to complete them will be provided by the team.